[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jzv48f9v’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Freshly Baked Bread 🙂
[/av_textblock] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jxysr2k0′ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”] A major food since prehistoric time, bread is a staple food with great significance in any household. As one of the world’s most favorite food, 99% of us buy and eat bread as a part of our daily lives. There are over 200 different kinds of bread all around the world and it’s not looking to stop its popularity anytime soon. So without further ado, let’s dive in what kind of bread to expect with Luxofood and other introductions that will make you love bread even more. Traditional Breadmaking Sometimes, nothing beats the old-fashion ways and breadmaking is one of that exact case. Let’s take a look at how modern bread is made first before you understand the rather complex process of traditional breadmaking. Modern bread recipes mainly consist of flour, water, salt and active yeasts. The last ingredient, active dry yeasts, actually has only been around since early 1940. And while it’s been extremely convenient in making bread, many would agree that packaged yeast does affect the quality of your bread. This is where the old-way of breadmaking steps in. Previously, bread was made without yeast- at least not the instant kind, but rather a natural one. Instead of commercial yeast, artisan bread values the wild yeast in natural ingredients that unfolds slowly over time. This slow fermentation means that each bread is made through a longer process of time, but it also develops complex flavors and variety of textures that spell authenticity!
Sourdough VS Yeast
In the making of traditional bread in modern day, we love to refer to Sourdough as part of the natural fermentation. Sourdough is essentially made by fermenting a dough using lactobacilli and yeast that occur naturally. In Sourdough yeast, fungi are kept alive constantly in a liquid medium which is called as Starter. This starter medium is where wild natural yeasts are kept, which are harvested in the air and kept alive by “feeding” it regularly. Compare this with commercial yeast which you can purchase at any given time, many experts believe there are many benefits of Sourdough that triumphs compare to yeast breads, such as :
- Flavors : With a mild sour tang, there is an original and flavorful taste that is unbeatable by any commercial bread.
- Glucose Level : The acids in Sourdough microbes slow down the release of glucose into the bloodstream, making it a better choice for your health in many ways.
- Natural Content : More health benefits are associated with Sourdough due to its no sweetener or oil and real wheat flour and water content.
- Digestion : Sourdough bread is also link to better digestion and nutrient absorption.
So if you prefer your bread the natural and proper way, compared to the sugary, packed with preservatives, instantly packaged commercial bread, always pick real artisan bread made with time, effort and real ingredients! Sourdough Baked Bread Types at Luxofood What are the types of Sourdough bread types you can find at Luxofood? Pre-Sliced Rustic Bread With Rye
- Baguette : A long, thin loaf of French bread with crispy crust and made of natural ingredients.
- Fougasse : A flat and round bread from France, sprinkled with chopped herbs.
- Boule Campagne : A large round loaf of country bread from France with squishy texture.
- Ciabatta: A flat Italian bread with floury crust and made with olive oil.
- Multigrain: A type of bread that is prepared with two or more types of grains which is an excellent choice for better diet.
- Epi Bread : A baguette cut into wheat-stalk shapes, another classic French bread.
- Campagne : A large round loaf from French with a slight hint of sweetness.
- Rustic Bread : A round bread with heavy crust and open texture, made by hands.
Luxofood carries bread products from Levant Boulangerie and Patisserie, a renowned Jakarta bakery with sourdough starter over 10 years in the making. We share their belief of healthy artisanal bread that are handcrafted and oven-baked to freshness daily! How To Enjoy Sourdough Bread There are many ways to enjoy a fine Sourdough bread, such as : roasted, toasted, stuffed, eaten with a soup ( bowl bread), crushed as crumbs, or combined with other delicious food. Sourdough bread is also perfect as breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper to fill in your appetite. Paillasse Bread (400G) Rp.35.000
For your extra wholesome sourdough bread experience, Luxofood also offer quick and easy ways to enjoy it to the fullest. You can pair it with our excellent selection of cheese , butter and cream, and jams!
Whatever ways you like to eat your sourdough bread, remember to use only quality products to reap all the benefits, taste and satisfaction that you deserve. Find more food inspirations today at Luxofood! [/av_textblock] [av_buttonrow alignment=’center’ button_spacing=’5′ button_spacing_unit=’px’ av_uid=’av-jotufu9j’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”] [av_buttonrow_item label=’Go to bread page’ link=’manually,https://luxofood.com/product-category/bakery/?instock_products=in’ link_target=” size=’medium’ label_display=” icon_select=’yes-right-icon’ icon=’ue832′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-3szwon’][/av_buttonrow_item] [/av_buttonrow]