The Dufftown distillery was built in 1895 by wine merchant Peter Mackenzie, John Symon, Richard Stackpole and Charles MacPherson. Producton began a year later. The Dufftown distillery sits not far from its namesake town and not far from where the Rivers Dullan and Fiddich conjoin in liquid matrimony. In the Conval Hills, Jock’s Well rises and from here Dufftown draws its cooling waters. The distillery was bought from the original owners in 1933 by Arthur Bell and Sons for the sum of £56,000.