Sold by Red&White
Sessantanni Primitivo Di Manduria DOP. In San Marzano, the history of viticulture is more than a thousand years old and can be seen in its oldest vineyards, which are rich in centuries-old clones. From this precious heritage of vineyards that are more than sixty years old comes a wine that is the most beautiful story our territory has to tell.
– Vine variety: Primitivo.
– Area: Very old vineyards selected in the area of San Marzano (TA) and Sava (TA).
– Soil: Finely textured residual red soil with a calcareous subsoil, sparse rocky outcrops and intense presence of iron oxides.
– Farming type: Head-trained bush vines at least sixty years old (5,000 per hectare).
– Vinification: Very ripe grapes are harvested manually. The maceration takes place for 18 days on 80% of the mass and for 25 days on 20%, with native yeasts selected in the vineyard. Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 24-26 °C.
– Ageing: In French and American oak barriques for 12 months.
– Tasting notes: Very intense and elegant ruby red colour; ample and complex fruity fragrance with hints of plum, cherry jam and tobacco, slightly spicy; a full-bodied wine, soft and rich in tannins, with a finish that offers notes of cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
– Best served with: Richly flavoured first courses, red meat and game. A meditation wine.
– Serving temperature: 18 °C.
Out of stock