Sold by Red&White
Cape Mentelle, Australia
Cape Mentelle Chardonnay. “The purest expression of the fruit with minimal intervention from the winemaking team”
Margaret River has established an international reputation for exceptional Chardonnay.
The Cape Mentelle style draws inspiration from traditional methods to deliver a wine displaying aromatic complexity and a finely textured palate with a long, clean finish.
– Appearance: Clear and bright gold with the slightest hint of fresh green on the edges.
– Nose: The nose is already intense and opens with classic varietal notes of ripe citrus, white peaches with grilled pineapple and leave way to a complexity with toasted nuts, wisteria flowers, muscaty whiffs and very savoury undertones. All come to play with the mouth-watering panettone crumb notes of the caramelised oak.
– Palate: Textural, almost oily from the first sip with aromas of white and yellow peaches, raisins, cantaloupe and candied citrus peels. Fresh but already rich and enveloped with warm charred oak and brioche notes on the finish. This wine will reward patience with developing complexity, expected to reveal itself even further over many years.
– Blend: 100% Chardonnay
– Cellaring: Potential to age up to 15-20 years
– Food Pairing: This chardonnay will pair well with a grilled lamb liver and caramelised onions with warm applesauce, or just a simple brunch of creamy scrambled eggs with thick cut streaky bacon rubbed in truffle salt and topped with fresh chives.