Sold by Red&White
Cape Mentelle, Australia
Cape Mentelle Cabernet Sauvignon. “The king of grapes and the emblematic wine that put Margaret River on the map”
Cape Mentelle has a rich history of exceptional quality and consistency with Cabernet Sauvignon from a pioneering producer in Margaret River in the early 1970’s to a benchmark winery today.
– Appearance: Deep crimson with purple edges, very youthful.
– Nose: The generosity of the nose displays abundant brooding black fruits and a mix of dark cherries. The bouquet is completed with hints of cocoa nibs, flint, wild thyme and orange peel.
– Palate: A vibrancy of concentrated blackberry fruits with dark bramble and vanilla spice. The dense and refined tannins are velvety and supple and the finish has lingering hints of minerality and mocha nuances.
– Blend: Cabernet Sauvignon 86%, Petit Verdot 10%, Merlot 4%
– Cellaring: This wine has the structure and the intensity to be cellared for up to 20-30 years.
– Food Pairing: Cape Mentelle Cabernet Sauvignon is your best friend with pan roasted veal chops with rosemary and a bordelaise sauce. The winemakers also suggest peppercorn coated hanger steak with mushroom ragout. For desert, a chocolate fondant at least 70% cocoa content for a perfect finish.