10 Minute With Luxofood Spaghetti Aglio Olio
If you are all about wholesome, low-effort yet high-nutrition meals, then the all-time effortless Spaghetti Aglio Olio is your best friend. Just a handful of ingredients are needed and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. The best part? This dish can still pack a lot of flavors that make you beg for more.
The traditional Italian pasta dish is made by light-saute method and can work as the main course or side dish. Either way, master the following recipe anytime you want a quick and satisfying meal for everyone :
10 Minute With Luxofood : Spaghetti Aglio Olio
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 chili peppers, seeds removed and finely minced
- 400 grams spaghetti
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add enough salt so that the water is very salty (just shy of sea water). This is important, as there is no salt in the “sauce”, so if you don’t have enough salt in the pasta water, the finished pasta will taste bland.
2. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. In most cases, the package directions call to cook spaghetti for 9 minutes. Aim to cook yours for 7 minutes 30 seconds to get it perfectly al dente, but this will vary depending on your preference. Give it a little pinch to make sure it’s just the right texture before taking out.
3. While your pasta is boiling, add the olive oil, garlic and chili peppers to a frying pan and heat over a medium low flame. Some also like to add a little bit of the boiled pasta water in this process to let the aroma immerse perfectly.
4. Let the garlic gently fry until browned, swirling the oil around occasionally to make sure it browns evenly. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will taste bitter. If it starts to brown too much, turn off the heat.
5. When the pasta is done, drain it, and add the pasta to the frying pan. Use a pair of tongs to toss the pasta in the garlic chili oil and coat each strand evenly.
6. Serve immediately
Yield: 3-4 servings
Bonus Tips :
- Since this recipe requires just a few ingredients, try to focus on the quality of each item used. For example : opt for good quality olive oil and pasta as the main star of the show.
- Love cheese? Add some shaved cheese for a little salty and creamy twist that further enhances the taste.
- In case you are craving some protein to go with this dish, we love using shrimps and add them during step 3 ( stir together with garlic and chili peppers). A good portion of pan-fried salmon lightly salted also nicely does the trick.
Don’t forget your garnish. Fresh parsley leaves adds a brilliant touch of green that brings your appetite right up.